These delicious little morsels are the perfect recipe to make up in advance and store for when you get the munchies in the afternoon. Filled with whole buckwheat groats and our delicious Berry Bombshell Nut Butter, one of these babies will fuel you until dinner time.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Dietary: Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan
Sugar: 0.7g of sugar per serve = Less than <½ teaspoon per serve
- ½ cup activated buckwheat groats
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup Berry Bombshell Nut Butter
- 60g (85%) dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons dried rose petals
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
What to do:
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add activated buckwheat groats, almond meal and Berry Bombshell Nut Butter. Mix to combine well and place mixture into the freezer to set for 20 minutes, or the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll into small 20g balls and place onto the lined baking tray.
- Place the truffles into the freezer or freezer to firm up for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until mostly melted. Remove and stir the chocolate and until the rest melts. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate over the stove top, just place chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove truffles from the freezer and, using two forks, toss in the chocolate to coat well. Remove and place back onto the baking tray and sprinkle over a few rose petals. Repeat with the remaining truffles. Place back into the fridge or freezer for the chocolate to set, about 20 minutes, before serving.
These will last up to 3 months stored in an airtight container in the freezer. Just remove from the freezer and allow to defrost for 2-3 minutes before eating.