When you go to bed dreaming of your breakfast in the morning. This Collagen Coffee French Toast is rich in protein, flavour and will set you up for a productive day.
- 1 free-range egg
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder or Beauty Food Marine Collagen Powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 sachet Beauty Lift Collagen Coffee
- 2 slices of bread of choice (we used gluten-free bread)
- 1 heaped tbsp yoghurt of choice (we used coconut)
- ½ banana, sliced
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- Whisk together the egg, milk, protein powder/collagen, cinnamon, Beauty Lift Collagen Coffee in a shallow casserole dish until combined.
- Carefully place the bread into the egg mixture one at a time and let it soak for at least 30 seconds. Flip the bread and repeat this process on the other side.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the soaked bread slices to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway through. The french toast should be golden with crispy edges.
- Serve warm topped with a dollop of yogurt, sliced banana, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.